There is NO SAFE LEVEL OF EXPOSURE to cytotoxic chemo drugs.
Protect yourself with HALYARD* Chemotherapy qualified protection, to help reduce your risk.
The risk of handling chemotherapy drugs is extremely high. Is your staff properly protected?
There is no safe level of exposure for healthcare workers which is why it’s so important to wear gloves and gowns when handling chemotherapy drugs.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Number of chemotherapy drugs HALYARD* chemo gowns and gloves are tested against
HALYARD* offers a comprehensive portfolio of chemo qualified gloves, gowns and respirators to aid you in selecting the right protection for your chemotherapy needs.
We want to make sure your staff has the right personal protective equipment and knows how to wear it, for personal safety and compliance.
Halyard offers chemo gloves, gowns, and respirator masks to keep your clinicians safe, whether administering, compounding or transporting chemotherapy drugs.
PURPLE NITRILE-XTRA* Gloves and Chemo Gowns for Chemotherapy Use have been tested for resistance to 52 chemotherapy drugs.
List of drugs tested available on request.
Use of Personal Protective Equipment
Use of Personal Protective Equipment selection based on whether wearers are administering, compounding, or transporting hazardous drugs.
Things to know about protecting staff from chemotherapy drugs
Chemotherapy Qualified Surgical Gowns
AERO CHROME* Breathable Performance Surgical Gowns combine comfort, softness and breathability with high level of protection against fluids and pathogens.
- Meets the European standard EN13795/2019.
- Meets AAMI Level 4 standard for surgical gowns, providing the highest level of fluid and microbial protection in the critical zones.
- Tested against more than 52 chemo drugs.
- Soft, light and breathable fabric keeps staff protected yet cool and comfortable.
- Excellent ignition resistance, with the highest rating for protection against ignition with surgical lasers.
- Low linting to help reduce the risk of wound contamination and infection.
HALYARD* AERO CHROME* Breathable Performance Surgical Gown
Our Exam Gloves Portfolio
PURPLE NITRILE* Exam Gloves are an excellent choice for protection against chemical exposure. They have been tested against 52 chemotherapy drugs per the ASTM D6978, Standard Practice for Assessment of Resistance of Medical Gloves to Permeation by Chemotherapy Drugs, as well as common chemicals found in the healthcare environment.
Our other gloves like the STERLING* Nitrile gloves offer also protection against chemical exposure.
- Meets or exceeds ASTM D6319 – Standard Specification for Nitrile Examination Glove for Medical Applications
- Meets or exceeds biocompatible 10993 studies for systemic toxicity, irritation and sensitization endpoints
- Passes Viral Penetration Testing – ASTM F1671 – 07 Standard Test Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Blood-Borne Pathogens Using Phi-X174 Bacteriophage Penetration as a Test System
- Gloves should be worn for all activities involving chemotherapy drugs, including compounding, administration, handling of waste from recently treated patients, and cleanup of spills.
- Select disposable, chemotherapy qualified, powder-free gloves that extend over the gown cuffs.6, 7, 8, 9
- If double-gloving, one pair should be worn under the gown cuff and the other worn over the gown cuff.
- If single-gloving, the gloves should be worn over the gown cuff.
Facial Protection - Respirators
The Many Advantages of Using HALYARD* Medical Masks or Respirators:
- HALYARD* FFP2 NR Filtering half mask are approved and tested to protect against 7 Chemotherapy drugs, ideal for use in the operating room for surgical procedures requiring protection against chemotherapy drugs.
- Full range of EN 149:2001 + A1:2009 compliant FFP respirators offering unparalleled protection against aerosolized particles.
- Respirators are CE marked per EU Regulation 2016/425 on Personal Protective Equipment.
- HALYARD* FFP2 NR Filtering Half Mask are compliant with EN 14683:2019 standard as a Type IIR surgical mask. The mask exceeds the EN 14683 requirements for splash resistance pressure providing
up to 160 mmHg / 21,3 kPa splash protection.
- Innovative pouch-style design means a larger breathing chamber, keeping the respirator off the face for increased comfort and ease-of-speech.
- Two strong, ultrasonically bonded headbands ensure a tight facial seal and prevents leakage around the mask edges.
- Nose piece easily conforms to facial contours, securing the mask across the bridge of the nose for maximum protection and a universal fit.
- Composed of Latex- and DEHP-Free materials reducing the likelihood of skin irritation and allergies.
Request a sample pack
Please fill out this brief form to request a chemo protection sample pack.
"*" indicates required fields